Arsenal target Torreira has left for €30m, says Sampdoria chief
Arsenal could be closing in on a €30million deal for Sampdoria's Lucas Torreira, with Massimo Ferrero announcing he "has left".
Lucas Torreira has edged closer to a reported move to Arsenal with Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero announcing the Uruguay midfielder has left for €30million.
Arsenal target Torreira has left the building
Torreira, who was a second-half substitute in Uruguay's World Cup Group A opener against Egypt, would become the third signing under new Arsenal head coach Unai Emery following the arrival of Stephan Lichtsteiner and Bernd Leno at Emirates Stadium.
The 22-year-old played 36 times for Sampdoria in 2017-18, scoring four goals as the club finished 10th in Serie A, and Ferrero picked him out when explaining how the club makes money by developing players.
"Torreira has left for €30million," Ferrera told Tuttomercatoweb. "I bought him from Pescara when no one believed.
"We bet and we won, paying just €3million. The money that comes in is used to keep the club going.
"Sampdoria is a stepping stone. It's a family-run club and that allows players to grow up.
"It's normal they have aspirations to play for big clubs, but I do not need to sell out."
Should the deal go through, Torreira would fill the gap in Arsenal's squad left by Jack Wilshere, who announced he would be leaving the club when his contract expires at the end of June.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys