Nainggolan the "ninja" Inter were missing, says Spalletti
The midfielder is expected to complete a switch from Roma to Inter for a fee of €24million, with Davide Santon and Nicolo Zaniolo included in the deal.
Inter coach Luciano Spalletti believes Radja Nainggolan was the man his team were missing, as he prepares to welcome the midfielder to the Serie A club.
Nainggolan, 30, is expected to complete a switch from Roma to Inter in the coming days, with the capital club reportedly receiving €24million, Davide Santon and Nicolo Zaniolo.
It will see former Roma coach Spalletti and Nainggolan reunited, and the Inter boss feels the Belgium international has been the man his team were lacking.
Spalletti: "That he chose to come to Inter is important for us"
"He is the turbine we were missing from our engine," Spalletti told Sky Sport Italia.
"The fact that as soon as he was on the market, he chose to come to Inter is an important sign for us.
"He can do well. He has the character to go against any opponent. He is a ninja. He fights with everyone on any field."
Spalletti also confirmed the arrival of defender Stefan de Vrij would mean a switch to a back three for Inter.
Meanwhile, Santon arrived in Rome on Sunday, a further indication the deal involving Nainggolan is close to completion.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In