Juventus issue communique amid ongoing Cristiano speculation
The club issued a brief four line statement amid the current speculation that the Turin based side are poised to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.
With no let-up in the speculation linking Cristiano Ronaldo to a move to Juve, the "Old Lady" of Italian football issued a brief statement on the issue at the request of the Commissione Nazionale per le Società e la Borsa (Italian commission monitoring the Milan stock exchange).
Turin, 6 July 2018 - At the request of the commission, in relation to news recently released by various media outlets, Juventus Football Club S.p.A. specifies that during the transfer window the company evaluates different market opportunities will inform in time and the possible finalization of the same in accordance with the nature of the law.
It was anticipated that the Portuguese striker could have been unveiled as a new Juve player as early as Saturday but this seems highly unlikely given the complex nature of the contractual negotiations and Juventus' association with the Italian stock market.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness