Atlético Madrid and Sevilla "closest" to Kalinic, says Mirabelli
Atlético Madrid and Sevilla are closest to acquiring AC Milan's Nikola Kalinic, according to sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli.
AC Milan's Nikola Kalinic has been in talks with Atlético Madrid and Sevilla regarding a transfer, says Rossoneri sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli.
Kalinic, 30, scored only six goals in 31 Serie A appearances last season, following his move from Fiorentina.
"Atlético and Sevilla are the closest teams right now"
And it seems Milan are already happy to cut their losses on the forward, who arrived on an initial load deal with an obligation to buy for 25 million euros.
Speaking to Sky Sports Italia, he said: "We have many top players and some of them have received a few offers. Kalinic is also wanted by many clubs, Atlético and Sevilla are the closest teams right now."
Thrown out of Croatia World Cup squad
Kalinic has already had a turbulent close season, having been sent home from Croatia's World Cup squad after reportedly refusing to come off the bench in their opening victory against Nigeria.
In his absence, Croatia have reached the quarter-finals, where they face Russia on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS Team USA vs Spain 2021 Tokyo Olympics live updates: score, stats, highlights
- OLYMPIC GAMES How does sport climbing work at the Olympics? Rules, format and score system
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze