World Cup 2018
Reaching World Cup final a 'miracle', admits Mandzukic
Mario Mandzukic claims Croatia making the World Cup final is a "miracle" after they defeated England 2-1 in Wednesday's semi-final.
Match-winner Mario Mandzukic says qualifying for the World Cup final was a "miracle" after Croatia defeated England 2-1 in Wednesday's semi-final at the Luzhniki Stadium.
Kieran Trippier and Ivan Perisic scored in regular time, before the Juventus forward lost his marker in the 109th minute to net the winner and his second goal of the tournament.
"This is a miracle. Only great teams can be as brave as we were and fight back from a goal down against teams like England. We've played our hearts out throughout the tournament," he said.
"I'm happy with my performance in all the games. I'm here for the team. I like these games. We were under pressure against Denmark and Russia but you all saw what we did today.
"We were like lions out there tonight and we will be the same in the final. We enjoyed the game."
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots