Real Betis and William Carvalho reach agreement and wait now on Sporting Club
The La Liga side have already convinced the player but now have to reach an agreement with Sporting Club de Portugal in order to get the transfer over the line.
Real Betis are trying to speed up the signing of William Carvalho and the defensive midfielder has become the main priority for the club this summer. The club reached an agreement in principle today with the Portuguese although they are stilling negotiating with Sporting Club de Porugal over how much he will cost. It should be around €25 million with €15 million plus another ten in potential add-ons. There would also be 10% to pay Círculo de Brujas, a club where the now 26-year-old played for a number of seasons, which makes the deal more expensive.
Quique Setien has insisted that Carvalho would be a player to improve his side and a player who could automatically slot into his system. He remains cautious, however, until the deal is over the line. He would be paid slightly more than €2 million a year if it does go through and the Portuguese club are trying to attach as many variables to the deal as possible so they can continue to earn provided he plays to a high standard in Spain.
Lorenzo Serra Ferrer has some alternatives in mind in case it doesn't go through but the priority remains Carvalho. Real Betis are eager to seal the deal in order to replace Fabian Ruiz and to have their squad in place as soon as possible.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues