Happy 18th: Vinicius Junior becomes a Real Madrid player
The Brazilian turns 18 on Thursday and became a Real Madrid player as the club didn't want to break any rules or cause any confusion with FIFA.
Vinicius is already a Real Madrid player. The announcement was made by both sides on May 23, 2017 but the deal officially comes into affect on July 12th 2018 when he turns 18 and can officially become a Real Madrid player.
After the sanction from FIFA for signing minors, Real Madrid were keen to ensure the Brazilian youngster's signing did not break any rules. He was 16 when the transfer to Real Madrid was announced but he was not officially declared a Real Madrid player until Thursday in order to avoid any misunderstandings with FIFA.
During his farwell to Flamengo, he said he would travel to Madrid on the 13th or 14th of July after the celebration of his birthday. The plan is to present the attacker next week but Real Madrid are gathering new faces at quite the clip. They signed Alvaro Odriozola, goalkeeper Andriy Lunin and Raul de Tomas, who returns after three seasons on loan with Córdoba, Real Valladolid and Rayo Vallecano.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands