Pacquiao eyes ‘two or three’ more fights after powering to first KO win in nine years
The Philippine named Terence Crawford, Vasyl Lomachenko and Floyd Mayweather as possible future opponents.
Philippine boxer Manny Pacquiao said on Monday he was still good for ‘two or three’ more fights after defeating the Argentine Lucas Matthysse by KO, his first on nine years, on Saturday.
With this weekend’s victory, the 39-year-old shrugged off calls by friends - including Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte - to hang up his gloves.
Pac-Man is now the only boxer in history to move up through eight divisions and win world titles in all of them.
To God be the glory! Thank you to my wife, my kids, and all of my family. Thank you to #TeamPacquiao for all your hard work! Thank you to my fellow Filipinos and to all my fans around the world! This is all our victory. God bless everyone. 🇵🇭 pic.twitter.com/UdZ78XI5CD— Manny Pacquiao (@mannypacquiao) 15 July 2018
Possible Mayweather rematch
Pacquiao, one of the greatest boxers in history now holds a record of 60-7-2, said he is not ready to quit boxing yet.
‘I feel good for now. Boxing is my passion and I would be lonely if I quit boxing,’ he told reporters.
‘I believe I still have two or three fights left in me.’
The achievements of the legendary Manny Pacquiao. pic.twitter.com/dKfOcvQ2RK— The Boxing Post (@theboxingp) 15 July 2018
He named Terence Crawford, Vasyl Lomachenko and Floyd Mayweather as possible future opponents.
‘If Mayweather comes back to boxing there is a possibility of a rematch,’ he said.
‘I have the belt, so it’s up to him. If he wants to come back in boxing let’s do a second one.
‘But there are many other challenges, like Crawford, Lomachenko, Amir Khan and many others,’ he added.
Mayweather, 41, retired from boxing last August, after defeating UFC star Conor McGregor at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures