Juventus confirm Cristiano won't participate in US tour
Cristiano will start training with the Juventus first team squad but the training staff have advised that the striker stays in Italy.
In the end the Washington reunion between Cristiano Ronaldo and his former club Real Madrid won't materialise after Juve today confirmed that despite joining the squad for pre-season on July 30, Cristiano won't be involved in the US tour. The decision was made after a lengthy meeting with head coach Allegri and back room staff who later confirmed that there were no contractual obligations for their new star player to participate in the International Champions Cup games.
On July 30, Ronaldo will join other World Cup players: Dybala, Douglas Costa, Bentancur, Higuaín and Juan Cuadrado and this group will work together joining up with the full squad on August 8th as the Juventus expedition return from the States on August 6. world Cup finalists Mandzukic, Matuidi and Pjaca will incorporate with the full squad on August 12th.
Juve will play four games in the USA opening with a ICC match against Bayern Munich in Philadelphia on July 26. They then face Portuguese giants Benfica in New York on July 28, then participate in the annual MLS All-Star match in Atlanta on August 2nd. The tour concludes with a match against current Champions League holders Real Madrid in Washington on August 5.
Recommended in English
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is Roe v Wade in law? What happened in 1973?
- NFL How many members of the Dallas Cowboys got infected with covid? How long will they be out?
- Ballon d' Or Casillas baffled by Ballon d'Or outcome
- PSG must find best tactical balance without injured Neymar – Pochettino
- BUNDESLIGA Why are Bayern Munich playing games behind closed doors?
- USMNT Gio Reyna returns to training with Borussia Dortmund