Valencia confident Atlético will leave Kevin Gameiro out of Asian tour squad
Valencia are certain Atlético de Madrid have granted Kevin Gameiro permission to leave, now they are just waiting for Cholo Simeone to let the player go.
Kevin Gameiro maybe physically in Madrid but his mind is already in Valencia. And in the meantime, Valencia are patiently waiting for him in their Swiss summer base camp in Crans-Montana. In the back rooms at Mestalla, it's taken as read that Gameiro will joining them - and the club is convinced that the French striker will be excluded when Diego Simeone names his squad for the upcoming trip to Singapore tomorrow.
Agreement in place with Gameiro
Gameiro, who has spent the last coupke of days training apart from his team mates at the Cerro del Espino, reached an agreement to join Valencia weeks ago. Valencia will pay a fee of around 15 million euros plus add-ons for the France international who has agreed to take a pay cut but has been offered a longer contract at Mestalla.
Diakhaby, Racic, Kondogbia, Wass, Piccini... and Gameiro
If all goes to plan, Gameiro will become Valencia's sixth reinforcement of the summer. El Cholo has delayed his departure until Atlético secure a replacement. Part of the delay has been because AC Milan have pulled the plug on Nikola Kalinic's proposed move to Atlético, which has forced the Rijiblancos to turn their attentions to Olivier Giroud.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops