Monaco sign Aholou as Moutinho leaves for Wolves
After João Moutinho left for Wolves, Monaco have moved quickly to sign fellow midfielder Jean-Eudes Aholou.
Monaco have signed Jean-Eudes Aholou from Strasbourg following João Moutinho's transfer to Wolves. The 24-year-old Ivorian has moved to the Stade Louis II stadium on a five-year deal, for a fee believed to be in the region of €15million.
Monaco spending spree
He becomes Leonardo Jardim's second-most expensive signing of the summer, eclipsed only by €20m paid to Olympique Lyon for 16-year-old Willem Geubbels.
Ahoulou joined Strasbourg in January 2017, helping them gain promotion from Ligue 2 before scoring five goals last term as they avoided relegation and finished 15th in Ligue 1. Monaco moved quickly to secure the midfielder's signature after Moutinho's exit was confirmed. The Portugal international, capped 113 times by his country, made 211 total appearances for Monaco after joining from Porto in 2013, helping them to the Ligue 1 title in 2017.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan