Monaco sign Aholou as Moutinho leaves for Wolves
After João Moutinho left for Wolves, Monaco have moved quickly to sign fellow midfielder Jean-Eudes Aholou.
Monaco have signed Jean-Eudes Aholou from Strasbourg following João Moutinho's transfer to Wolves. The 24-year-old Ivorian has moved to the Stade Louis II stadium on a five-year deal, for a fee believed to be in the region of €15million.
Monaco spending spree
He becomes Leonardo Jardim's second-most expensive signing of the summer, eclipsed only by €20m paid to Olympique Lyon for 16-year-old Willem Geubbels.
Ahoulou joined Strasbourg in January 2017, helping them gain promotion from Ligue 2 before scoring five goals last term as they avoided relegation and finished 15th in Ligue 1. Monaco moved quickly to secure the midfielder's signature after Moutinho's exit was confirmed. The Portugal international, capped 113 times by his country, made 211 total appearances for Monaco after joining from Porto in 2013, helping them to the Ligue 1 title in 2017.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness