Real Madrid target Courtois tells Sarri he wants to leave - report
In the wake of remarks by Thibaut Courtois' agent, Maurizio Sarri this weekend said he planned to talk to the keeper to clarify his intentions.
Real Madrid target Thibaut Courtois has told new Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri of his firm desire to leave the West London club this summer, according to a report by ESPN.
Sarri had vowed to talk to Courtois to find out intentions
With Real tipped for a 40m-euro switch for Courtois, Sarri said after Sunday's Community Shield defeat to Manchester City that he planned to talk to the goalkeeper about his future when he returned for pre-season training on Monday.
Courtois is thought to be keen to move back to the Spanish capital - where he spent three years with Atlético Madrid between 2011 and 2014 - to be close to his two children, who are currently living in the city with his former partner.
"The best option for him is to move to Madrid," says agent
"He has made it clear to the club that the best option for him is to move to Madrid," his agent, Christophe Henrotay, was quoted as saying in recent days. "For him this is a big decision because he wants to be near his family."
In response, Sarri said on Sunday: "I am not interested in the agent, I want to hear Courtois. If Courtois tomorrow [Monday] tells me the same, I have to speak with the club. I want only players with a high level of motivation."
Chelsea want to sign Courtois replacement first
Chelsea have so far been adamant that the 26-year-old cannot leave unless a high-calibre replacement is brought in before the Premier League transfer window closes on 9 August.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes