Eto'o: ex-Barcelona ace joins Qatar SC following Ligue 1 links
Former Barça and Inter striker Samuel Eto'o has joined Qatar SC despite recently floating the prospect of moving to France.
Samuel Eto'o has joined Qatar SC on a free transfer.
Qatar SC the 13th club of Eto'o's career
The former Barcelona and Inter forward was released by Konyaspor at the end of last season and the Qatar Stars League outfit has now become the 13th club of his decorated career.
Qatar SC announced the signing on their official Twitter page and Eto'o will be presented on Tuesday, although contract details were not disclosed.
The management of Qatar Football Club is pleased to invite you to attend the press conference to present the international star Samuel Eto'o, which will be held on Tuesday at 8:00 pm at the Club— Qatar Sports Club (@QatarSportClub) August 13, 2018
Striker had revealed talks with Ligue 1 clubs
Last week, the 37-year-old told Radio France he was in discussions with "certain French clubs".
After two games of the new Stars League season, Qatar SC lie fifth following a win and a defeat and are back in action against Al Sailiya on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"