Vermaelen, Munir and Alcácer omitted for Barcelona's league opener against Alavés
Valverde announced the squad for Saturday's game. Coutinho, Arthur, Vidal and Malcom make the 18-man list but three players whose futures are in doubt were left out.
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde included all four of the club's summer arrivals in his squad for the first game of the 2018-19 season. Defender Clément Lenglet, midfielders Arthur Melo and Arturo Vidal and forward Malcom Filipe de Oliveira are included in the list for Saturday's home game against Alavés.
There were no major surprises in Valverde's squad list - midfield pair Denis Suárez and Carles Aleñá remain out injured while Thomas Vermaelen, Sergi Samper, Munir El Haddadi and Paco Alcácer were not icluded for technical decision. Neither did the coach decided to list two B team players who impressed during the pre-season: Juan Miranda and Riqui Puig.
Barcelona squad for the Alavés game:
Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Sergi Roberto, Semedo, Jordi Alba, Piqué, Lenglet, Umtiti, Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arthur, Rafinha, Arturo Vidal, Coutinho, Dembélé, Malcom, Messi and Luis Suárez.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer