Oblak on Filipe Luís' possible exit: "It's a little sad but it is what it is"
The Atlético Madrid keeper spoke after the game against Valencia regarding Felipe Luis's possible move to PSG, saying that his teammate's decision must be respected.
Jan Oblak spoke to Spanish television after his side's 1-1 draw against Valencia this Monday evening, where he gave his thoughts on the game as well as on Felipe Luis' possible move to PSG.
Analysis: “It was a great match, with a lot of intensity. We were better for almost the whole game, but in the end Valencia could have won. That says everything about the intensity of the match, which has not been easy for either team. I think that everyone who has watched it will have enjoyed it.”
Errors: “We needed to score the second goal. We had chances. We were close but the ball didn’t go in and they equalized with a good goal. That made it a bit more complicated because if it had been 0-2 it would have been easier to play until the end.”
Fatigue after the Super Cup: “Two forwards came on for Valencia that were fresh. We came from a 120-minute game on Wednesday and it showed a little bit. They came in fresh, they played well. It's a shame not to have won, but for any team it's not easy to win at the Mestalla.”
Possible departure of Filipe Luis: “It’s a little sad, but it is what it is. He has a good opportunity and you have to respect the decision of each player. Let’s see what happens.”
Next game: “We’re looking forward to playing the next game at home this Saturday. We have to prepare well, rest well and win.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'