Lopetegui says no to Coentrao; Vinicius to play with Castilla
The Real Madrid coach said that youngster Sergio Reguilón will be back-up for the left back spot in the first team.
Fabio Coentrao has no place in this season's Real Madrid set-up. After going missing and then returning to training the defender now needs to find himself a way out of the Bernabéu. Asked about the role of the Portuguese player in the Real Madrid set up as a possible back-up for Marcelo, Real Madrid first team coach Julen Lopetegui said: "Reguilón [21 year old Sergio Reguilón, who plays at left-back for Real Madrid Castilla] will be in the first team squad. I've already answered this. We love him and we're delighted to have him".
A year's contract left at Real Madrid for Coentrao
Coentrao still has a year left on his contract at Real Madrid and still hasn't found a club for next season. He was sent out on loan to Monaco in the summer of 2016 and then to Sporting in the summer of 2017, but didn't convince either club to keep him longer term.
Vinicius to train with the first team, play with Real Madrid Castilla
Lopetegui also confirmed that Vinicius would alternate between the training session of the first team and Real Madrid Castilla and that Luca Zidane, third keeper last season, would play for the reserve team this year, unless an offer came in to give him the chance to play for a Spanish first or second division side.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series