Fabulous Federer outclasses Nishioka at US Open
Swiss great Roger Federer cruised past Yoshihito Nishioka, beating the Japanese contender 6-2 6-2 6-4 in the opening round of the US Open at Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Roger Federer produced a scintillating display as he crushed Yoshihito Nishioka in the US Open first round on Tuesday. The Swiss great and second seed was in fine form at Arthur Ashe Stadium, needing just under two hours to beat Nishioka 6-2 6-2 6-4.
Federer too strong for Nishioka
Federer, who claimed the last of his five US Open titles in 2008, was in complete control throughout against his Japanese opponent. The 20-time grand slam champion produced a fantastic performance with 56 winners, his trademark shot-making consistently on show.
Federer took control quickly against Nishioka, breaking in the opening game of the match. He also made fast starts to the second and third sets to ensure Nishioka, the world number 177, was always chasing. Nishioka, 22, managed to get on the board in each set, but he was no match for Federer, who will face Benoît Paire in the second round.
Federer  beat Nishioka 6-2 6-2 6-4
Federer – 56/32
Nishioka – 18/20
Federer – 14/3
Nishioka – 0/4
BREAK POINTS WON
Federer – 6/15
Nishioka – 1/9
FIRST SERVE PERCENTAGE
Federer – 67
Nishioka – 58
PERCENTAGE OF POINTS WON ON FIRST/SECOND SERVE
Federer – 78/48
Nishioka – 45/59
Federer – 109
Nishioka – 82
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift