ECA names Real Madrid as European Club of the Year 2018
In the ninth edition of the awards, the Spanish outfit was recognised for their fine season, capped with their 13th Champions League title, their third in a row.
Real Madrid was the best European club of 2017/2018 according to the European Club Association (ECA) who gave the Spanish giants the award for their “outstanding achievements during the 2017/18 season at European level.”
Real Madrid triumphant in Europe
Last season Real Madrid won the European Super Cup and the Champions League, with it being the third time in a row the club lifted Europe’s biggest club trophy.
This is the fourth time in the nine year history of its awards that the ECA has recognised Real Madrid as the best European club (previously in 2014, 2016 and 2017)
The Women’s Club Football Award went to Arsenal and Chelsea, for their “outstanding contribution to the promotion of women’s club football”.
The two sides were recognised for breaking the record attendance at a women’s club match in Europe at the 2018 FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium, with 45,423 spectators in attendance.
Best sporting progress went to Red Bull Salzburg from Austria, for making it to the Uefa Europa League semi-final.
Finally the Best Community and Social Responsibility Programme went to KAA Gent from Belgium for For their successful CSR programme "Revitalizing New Ghent".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool