UEFA will decide Ronaldo's suspension on September 27th
UEFA's Competition Committee will meet to discuss what ban to give Ronaldo after his sending off against Valencia in the Champions League.
UEFA's Competition Committee will decide on Cristiano Ronaldos' suspension on the 27th of September after the Juventus attacker was sent off in his Champions League debut for the Italian side on Wednesday night against Valencia.
Felix Brich, the referee, sent off the Portuguese after getting a tip-off from his endline official, Marco Fritz. 29 minutes into the game, Ronaldo raced forward and pulled Valencia's central defender, Jeison Murillo's hair. Ronaldo broke down in tears as he was ordered off the field. He has admitted to suffering from anxiety after getting off to a slow start in Serie A but he scored his first goal for Juve at the weekend against Sassuolo.
For the straight red, it could be a sanction between one and three games. Juventus will appeal but it almost seems certain that he will miss the second game of the competition against Young Boys on the 2nd of October.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?