De Rossi marks 600th Roma appearance with victory
Roma enjoyed a four-goal winning margin for the first time in a year against Frosinone with the lifelong Giallorossi reaching another milestone.
Daniele De Rossi marked his 600th Roma appearance with a victory as the Giallorossi beat Frosinone 4-0 at Stadio Olimpico.
The 35-year-old lined up in the heart of Eusebio Di Francesco's midfield as Roma raced into a second-minute lead through Cengiz Ünder.
Javier Pastore and Stephan El Shaarawy struck within seven minutes of each other to extend the hosts lead before half-time, De Rossi playing a key role in the third.
An all-Roman substitution...— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) September 26, 2018
600 appearances for the Giallorossi
A very first appearance for the club
Daniele De Rossi is already a legend, Luca Pellegrini is just starting out... pic.twitter.com/LuTem7fWiL
De Rossi received a standing ovation when he was substituted in the 82nd minute and replaced by Luca Pellegrini, the 19-year-old Rome-born defender making his debut for the club.
Six minutes later, Pellegrini made a superb run down the left wing before cutting the ball back to Aleksandar Kolarov, who hammered Roma's fourth in off the underside of the crossbar.
The result was Frosinone's fourth straight Serie A defeat and ended Roma's run of four league games without a win.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What will be included on President Biden's executive order on the risk of cryptocurrencies?
- Cryptocurrency How much has Bitcoin devalued since its all-time high?
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs unveils a new historic rivalry
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs, 49ers vs Rams: AFC, NFC Championship Game previews
- NFL NFL Power Rankings: Chiefs, Rams and Niners
- NFL Kelce key to Kansas City's playoff success