Hazard retires celebration as knees are 'on fire'
The Belgium star has become famous for sliding on his knees in goal celebrations, but Chelsea's Eden Hazard is giving it up.
Eden Hazard says he will no longer perform his trademark knee-slide celebration due to the damage it is doing to his body.
Chelsea star Hazard performed his signature move after scoring a stunning winner against Liverpool in the EFL Cup on Wednesday.
Hazard nutmegged Roberto Firmino and Alberto Moreno before slamming in a powerful finish to complete a superb comeback for Maurizio Sarri's side at Anfield.
But should Hazard repeat the trick when the teams meet again in the Premier League on Saturday, fans should not expect to see his usual celebration.
No more knee slides
"Look, look, the celebration - the sliding knee," Hazard said to Chelsea TV, gesticulating at his bruised legs. "I need to stop this.
"My knees - they are on fire! No more of this celebration."
Hazard has sometimes been accused of selfish play on the pitch but the Belgium international insisted he always tries to assess the situation.
"If I see that there is no solution, I go on my own," Hazard said. "So, in my mind, it is just to make the right decision."
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash