Simona Halep's season could be over due to back injury
World number one Simona Halep appears to be unlikely to play in the WTA Finals due to a back injury - which could rule her out for the rest of the season.
Simona Halep's season could be over after the world number one was diagnosed with a herniated disc. Halep retired from her first-round match against Ons Jabeur at the China Open on Sunday due to a recurrence of a back injury after losing the first set .
The French Open champion had been a doubt for the Wuhan Open last week after reportedly doing damage in practice and required treatment as she was hampered during a second-round loss to Dominika Cibulkova. Halep said she was "worried" following her retirement from the encounter with Jabeur in Beijing.
Scan reveals hernia
Today, the Romanian revealed the results of an MRI scan, which would appear to make her a big doubt to play in the WTA Finals in Singapore at the end of this month.
"Hi everyone, wanted to give you a quick update. I had an MRI on my back and found out I have a disk hernia." she tweeted. "I will discuss with doctors in the next few days but hope to be back soon and will keep you updated."
Hi everyone, wanted to give you a quick update. I had an MRI on my back and found out I have a disk hernia.— Simona Halep (@Simona_Halep) October 2, 2018
I will discuss with doctors in the next few days but hope to be back soon and will keep you updated. Thanks for all your support pic.twitter.com/tQ6cFTsB9o
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win