Griezmann: "The Ballon d'Or has to be won by a French player"
France Football have Antoine Griezmann on their cover and Griezmann says it has to be won by a French player after the nominees were announced.
France Football has started their own campaign for the Ballon d'Or. Today, their cover is occupied by one of the 30 players nominated: Antoine Griezmann. The Atlético Madrid attacker, who was forgotten for The Best awards, is amongst the top 30 for the Ballon d'Or and he is aiming to be in, well, the top one. "It is the one that makes little stars in my eyes," he admitted to Movistar+ show #Vamos.
"The Ballon d'Or must be won by a French player," says Griezmann in the magazine. Griezmann won the World Cup with France, finishing as the man of the match in the final and he also finish as the Europa League's best player with a brace in the final of that too. Luka Modric is his competition, it seems, for the award. The Croatian won The Best men's player and he was award UEFA's best player too after his Champions League winning campaign with Real Madrid along with getting to the World Cup final with his country.
Atlético responded to the lack of a nomination for The Best with a "speechless" Tweet. He does say the Ballon d'Or has more prestige, however, and says he has it in the back of his mind. As far as his teammates such as Lucas Hernandez are concerned "Antoine deserves it," he said. "What more can he do to win it," says Godín. Griezmann has one thing going for him and that is that the award is given out by a French publication, who are already using their influence to drive their campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7