As the dust settles on UFC 229, the undefeated Russian has told the boxer, who fought Conor McGregor last year, that he fancies a bout.
Khabib Nurmagomedov has called out Floyd Mayweather Jr after successfully defending his UFC lightweight title against Conor McGregor.
The Russian defeated McGregor at UFC 229 in Las Vegas earlier this month to retain his belt and a perfect record (27-0), although the victory was marred by scenes that followed the fight as both men clashed with individuals from the opposing camps.
But as the dust continues to settle on the fallout from that bout, Nurmagomedov registered an interested in taking on boxer Mayweather, who improved his record to 50-0 with a win of his own over McGregor last year.
Stood alongside Leonard Ellerbe, the chief executive of Mayweather Promotions, at an event in Russia, Nurmagomedov teased that he had handled McGregor better than Mayweather.
"Let's go, Floyd, we have to fight now," the 30-year-old said in a video posted to Ellerbe's Instagram page. "50-0 versus 27-0, two guys who have never, never lost. Let's go. Why not?
"In the jungle, there is only one king. Of course, I am the king. He could not drop McGregor, but I dropped him easily. That's right. Let's go."
Nurmagomedov and McGregor have temporarily been suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for their roles in the UFC 229 brawl, with a meeting set for October 24 to discuss further penalties.