Piatek: Napoli makes the first move for on-fire Genoa striker
The Serie A giants are interested in the Poland international and have made contact with his agent according to club president Aurelio De Laurentiis.
Aurelio De Laurentiis revealed he has held talks with Genoa over the possible signing of scoring sensation Krzysztof Piatek, though the Napoli president does not want to be involved in an auction.
Piatek has reportedly attracted interest from LaLiga champions Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, Juventus and Atlético after scoring 13 goals in eight games for Genoa this season.
The 23-year-old Poland international – who only arrived from Cracovia in June – became the first player since Gabriel Batistuta in 1994-95 to score in each of his first seven games of the Serie A season after taking his league tally to nine goals.
Serie A rivals and last season's runners-up Napoli are also interested in Piatek, according to outspoken owner De Laurentiis.
"I've talked to [Genoa President Enrico] Preziosi and his agent," De Laurentiis said.
"We still need to meet but I'll leave our coach [Carlo Ancelotti], who has a three-year contract we'd like to make six, to be calm, I don't need to run and I don't want to get involved in an auction.
"Without taking anything away from Piatek we'll need to see if he can do as well in our setup as he does at Genoa."
Piatek scored in Poland's 3-2 Nations League defeat to Portugal last week, with Polish Football Association (PZPN) president Zbigniew Boniek urging the star to resist interest from elsewhere and stay at Genoa for "another two years" pre-game.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up