Man United charged by UEFA over pitch invaders looking for Ronaldo selfies
UEFA has acted after fans ran onto the pitch during and after Manchester United's Champions League tie with Juventus on Tuesday.
UEFA has charged Manchester United after fans ran onto the Old Trafford pitch both during and after their Champions League clash with Juventus on Tuesday.
However, Jose Mourinho's side have avoided being punished again for turning up late to a second successive European tie.
UEFA has acted after one supporter ran across the field of play in the first half of the Group H encounter, while two more approached former United forward Cristiano Ronaldo after the final whistle.
The Portuguese forward appeared to take a selfie with one individual before the intruder was led away by security and he has since thanked the fans for the warm welcome at Old Trafford but that doesn't save them from the wrath of UEFA.
Punishment to be handed down in November
The case will be dealt with by UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on November 22.
The good news for United is they have not been charged for their tardiness for the second time this season.
Heavy traffic around Old Trafford meant the English club's team bus was delayed in reaching the ground, though manager Jose Mourinho arrived on time after opting to walk to the stadium.
United also arrived late for their home game with Valencia in the same competition three weeks earlier and were fined €5,000 by UEFA, plus a further €10,000 after the game kicked off later than scheduled.
There was only a slight delay to kick-off for the fixture with Juve, though, and United have avoided any sanctions on this occasion.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds