Keylor Navas turns to Instagram after Champions League benching
The Real Madrid keeper quoted the bible in the face of losing his starting spot in Europe’s premier competition.
Thibaut Courtois is Solari’s choice to play in goal for Real Madrid in the Champions League match away to Viktoria Plzen, thus confirming his decision to use just one goalkeeper for the club’s two biggest competitions, unlike Julen Lopetegui.
The loser in this decision is Keylor Navas, who was Real Madrid’s number 1 in the Champions League up to now. He responded to the news by posting a verse from the bible on his Instagram account, Jeremiah 17:7-8, which reads:
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Interestingly in Spanish, the translation is rendered as “But blessed be the one who trusts in me”. Something Solari has decided not to do.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash