Holland condemn Germany with relegation to Nations League B
A fine Hugo Lloris display ensured the scoreline was no higher than 2-0 as goals from Wijnaldum and Depay were enough for the Dutch side.
A dazzling Memphis Depay performance was enough for Holland to see off resistance from world champions France at a packed De Kuip stadium in Rotterdam. Ronald Koeman's side now just need a single point in the final group game as they face Germany away. Low's side are already mathematically relegated to the League B tier of the Nations League and a failure for the Dutch to secure at least a point at the Veltins Arena would ensure a place in the inaugural Final Four of the Nations League.
A 1-2 win away to Wales was enough for Denmark to secure promotion to League A of the 2018/19 Nations League with the win also condemning Martin O Neil's Republic of Ireland to relegation to League C with the game in Copenhagen between the Danish and Irish having no bearing in the overall standing in group 4 of League B.
Despite a resounding 4-1 defeat away to Slovakia, Andriy Shevchenko's side had already mathematically claimed one of the four places in next seasons Nations League top flight with three wins from three in their opening group 1 matches.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Dak Prescott's net worth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Will Social Security beneficiaries get a fourth stimulus check?
- NFL Patriots vs. Bills live online: Bills extend lead in 4th quarter | NFL Playoffs
- NFL The Steelers activate JuJu ahead of Wild Card date with Chiefs
- NFL Could Brian Flores be the Texans next head coach?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis could be back by month end