Ghanaian Antwi becomes all-time top foreign goalscorer in Egypt
On Sunday, the 26-year-old scored his 63rd goal in the Egyptian Premier League.
Misr Lel Makkasa forward John Antwi on Sunday became the highest-scoring foreign player in the Egyptian Premier League (EPL) after netting for the 63rd time in the country.
The 26-year-old Ghanaian achieved the feat by scoring a hat-trick for his side in an EPL match against Enppi, which Misr Lel Makkasa won 4-3.
BREAKING: Ghana's John Antwi has after his hattrick for El Makasa this afternoon, become the highest scoring foreigner in the Egyptian League with 63 goals. pic.twitter.com/24INfLWjB7— Saddick Adams Obama (@SaddickAdams) 25 November 2018
He surpasses the mark set by compatriot Ernest Papa Arko, who scored 61 goals in Egypt between 2004 and 2016.
The new record-holder started his Egyptian career with Al Ismaily in 2013, were he scored 28 before joining Al Ahly two years later, hitting three goals.
On 2016 he joined Misr Lel Makkasa, where he has now managed 32 goals in his three seasons with the club.
“Failure will never overtake you if your determination to succeed is strong enough.”— John Antwi (@johnantwi_29) 22 September 2018
Until our last breath.💪🏾😬
Happy to score.⚽️
No water can quench the fire.🔥 Thanks be to God.🙏
#️⃣JA9 #️⃣Still_Believe☝️😄 pic.twitter.com/ZkcH07wGb1
Antwi is yet to make his full competitive debut for Ghana. In October 2017, he received his first senior call-up for a World Cup qualifier against Uganda. However, he failed to appear in the match.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?