David Villa set for Spain return after leaving New York City?
The former Barça, Valencia and Atlético striker has announced he will leave the MLS side next month and has beenin talks over continuing his career elsewhere.
David Villa has announced that he will leave MSL side New York City when his contract expires at the end of December but the former Spain international and his country’s record scorer is not yet ready to hang up his boots.
“The time has come to leave New York City,” Villa said via a message on his YouTube channel. “I feel the time has come. My contract is finishing. I understand the club were interested in me staying and that was my first though as well but now I have the feeling that it’s the right moment for me to leave. It’s complicated to explain. I feel like the end of an era has come and that I need to look for a new challenge.”
Villa to continue to play in 2019
Villa is New York City’s record goal scorer and appearance maker, with 80 strikes in 126 games for the MLS club and in August 2017 his form saw his recalled for the Spain national side three years after retiring following the 2014 World Cup.
The former Sporting Gijón, Zaragoza, Valencia, Barcelona and Atlético Madrid striker confirmed that he will continue to play in 2019 but did not reveal where his new destination will be. However, Villa said he felt he “had one more year left in me at least,” and that he would announce his new club on his YouTube channel in due course.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement