Africa Cup of Nations
Cameroon stripped of 2019 Africa Cup of Nations hosting rights
The executive committee of CAF are searching for a new host for next year's expanded Africa Cup of Nations after deeming Cameroon unfit.
Cameroon have been stripped of hosting duties for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations due to delays over their preparations for the tournament.
New ACN host required
The executive committee of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) announced the decision on Friday following a lengthy meeting in Accra, Ghana.
Next year's expanded edition of the biennial tournament will be held in June and July, with 24 nations taking part.
Today, the @CAF_Online Executive Committee met in Accra, Ghana and has decided that @FecafootOfficie could not host the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations – Further information will follow soon at: https://t.co/9LkqZloPx3 pic.twitter.com/hV93vH2R0h— CAF (@CAF_Online) November 30, 2018
Cameroon, who lifted the trophy last year after beating Egypt 2-1 in the final, were initially named as hosts for a 16-team event, only for CAF to confirm an increase in participants in July 2017 during a symposium held in Morocco.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds