De Jong's Father: "95% chance he leaves and Barça could be best option"
The 21-year-old Dutch midfielder will stay at Ajax until the end of the season but his father says Barcelona are the best option in the summer.
Frenkie de Jong remains one of Barcelona's most likely arrivals in the transfer market. The young midfielder has offers from Manchester City and PSG as interest ramps up for the 21-year-old. The French side reportedly offered €75 million for his services as an indication of how highly he is rated.
Big decisions looming for De Jong
With PSG's offer on the table, De Jong's Father continues to eye Barcelona as his next stop though. He spoke to Voetball Premium and said, "a decision will have to be made. He is an intelligent you man and he will make his decision in the spring. There is a 95% chance that he will leave Ajax and Barcelona would be the best decision."
One thing is clear. He will not leave the Dutch club during the winter transfer market. Ajax sit second in the league and two points of PSV Eindhoven. In 15 games this season in the league, they have lost once and drawn once with 13 victories. De Jong has been central to their good form this season and he will see out the season but it is looking increasingly likely that his next move will be to the Camp Nou.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash