Real Madrid 0-3 CSKA: Champions League holders in record defeat
Real Madrid's 3-0 defeat to CSKA Moscow is the first time that the LaLiga giants have ever lost a home European match by such a margin.
Holders Real Madrid suffered their heaviest ever European home defeat when they went down 3-0 to CSKA Moscow in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Santi Solari's men were booed off after goals by Fedor Chalov, Georgiy Schennikov and Arnor Sigurdsson earned the Russians a shock result at the Bernabéu.
First time Madrid have lost by three goals at home in Europe
As noted by football statistics specialist Pedro Martín, Los Blancos had never previously lost a home match by a three-goal margin in continental competition.
0-3 Madrid-CSKA Minuto 73. Gol de Sigurdsson.— Pedro Martin (@pedritonumeros) 12 December 2018
El Madrid nunca ha perdido un partido de competición europea en el Bernabéu por 3 goles de diferencia.
First team to do group-stage double over Madrid in 10 years
Madrid went into the game already through to the last 16 as group winners - despite having also lost to CSKA in Moscow in October, when Nikola Vlasic's early goal defeated the 13-time European champions.
CSKA's two wins over Madrid in this term's Champions League make them only the fourth side ever to have taken six points off the LaLiga giants in the tournament's group stage, after Ajax in 1995, Bayern Munich in 2000 and Juventus in 2008.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth