Centre-back Jeison Murillo on Barcelona's radar
Valencia are reportedly willing to loan the Colombian defender to Barça, according to Catalan radio station RAC 1.
Barcelona's search to strengthen their backline continues, with the Catalan club looking to bring in reinforcements in January, particularly in view of the ongoing injury concerns with Umtiti and Vermaelen.
One name on the Barça wishlist is Valencia defender Jeison Murillo. According to Catalan radio station RAC 1, Valencia and Barcelona are close to reaching a loan deal for the defender, who does not form part of Marcelino's future plans. The Colombian has only played in three games this season, against Juventus in the Champions League - notable for his clash with Cristiano and the Portuguese's sending-off - Celta in LaLiga, and Ebro in the Copa del Rey.
The 26-year-old defender's impressive performances for Cádiz and Las Palmas brought him to the attention of Granada, where he also shone and came under the radar of big clubs around Europe, including Atlético Madrid and Inter Milan, who finally signed the defender, before his switch to Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente