No shortage of suitors for Pepe's services
The defender is now a free agent after severing ties with Besiktas and has offers on the table from Asia and Europe with Corinthians fans clamouring for his services.
After an amicable parting of the ways between Portuguese defender Pepe and Istanbul side Besiktas, the 35-year-old is still very much in demand with high interest in his services coming from Qatar's Al Gharafa, Al Ittihad in Saudi Arabia and Premier League outfit Wolves where his agent Jorge Mendes holds heavy influence.
The major source of interest however is emerging from Brazil where supporters of Sao Paolo based side Corinthians have inundates social media with pleas for the player to join "Timão" with the Brazilian side involved in the 2019 Copa Libertadores an attractive proposition for the defender.
Despite being born in Brazil, Pepe left his country of birth at the age of 18 and later became nationalised as a Portuguese citizen going on to claim 103 caps for the Iberian nation. During his club career, the player has worn the shirt of: Martitmo, Porto, Real Madrid and Besiktas.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy