Lucas Hernández to stay with Atletico through to end of season
The Madrid based side have been advised by the Bundesliga club they they will not activate his recession clause but will sit down again at the end of January '19.
Following the latest round of negotiations surrounding Lucas Hernández's future, Atletico Madrid have received reassurances that the player will not be moving to Bavaria in the imminent winter transfer window.
Gil Marín, Andrea Berta and Bayern representatives Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness were the individuals involved in the negotiation process and as Atleti looked to improve the defenders current deal, Bayern were looking to trigger the player's release clause. The latest round of discussions has led to Atleti and the German side agreeing that Bayern will not trigger a move in the forthcoming winter transfer window and that both clubs have agreed to reconvene at the end of January 2019 to carry on negotiations.
Atlético's intention is to retain Lucas while the German side will look to recruit the French international next summer. Diego Simeone, for the moment can sleep soundly with everything pointing to Lucas wearing the Atlético shirt for the remainder of the 2018/19 campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history