Liverpool: Salah "could leave" if Moanes Dabbur joins in January
According to Israeli media, the Liverpool forward will consider his options if the Israel striker arrives. Salah's inner circle have denied the reports.
Despite his incredible record at Liverpool and his installation as a firm favourite with the Anfield support, Mohamed Salah has reportedly threatened to leave the club if plans to sign Israel striker Moanes Dabour from Red Bull Salzburg reach fruition.
Salah’s inner circle have denied the report, published by the Jerusalem Post and citing several Israeli media outlets, and have insisted he is focused on football and is not concerned by whoever Jürgen Klopp and Liverpool may be talking to ahead of the January window opening. The story was later removed from the Jerusalem Post website.
Salah refused Maccabi handshakes in 2014
The report was picked up by UK media, who noted that Salah has previously avoided shaking hands with Maccabi Tel Aviv players during a European fixture in 2014 when the forward was at FC Basel, with public pressure from his native Egypt over Arab-Israeli relations thought to have influenced his decision to offer fist-bumps instead.
In the return leg against the Israeli team, Salah went to the side of the pitch to change his boots during the pre-game handshakes.
Dabour, 26, has netted 20 goals and provided six assists in 30 games for Salzburg this season and has attracted the interest of several clubs across Europe.
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants