Kovacic: "Hazard has asked me about Real Madrid"
The Croatia midfielder, on loan from Real Madrid, spoke of his desire to remain at Stamford Bridge beyond the duration of his one-season deal.
Mateo Kovacic has expressed his desire to remain at Chelsea, where the Croatia midfielder is on a season-long loan from Real Madrid.
“I want to respect my former club, Real Madrid. But I can see myself staying here at Chelsea,” the 24-year-old told Sky Sports. “Even so, I have a contract and I will respect it.”
Kovacic has become a regular fixture in Maurizio Sarri’s midfield at Stamford Bridge, starting 12 Premier League games so far this season and finding the regularity that eluded him at the Bernabéu. “It was a change that I wanted a lot, I wanted to come here,” Kovacic continued. “I am grateful to my former club [for the opportunity] and to Chelsea for the interest they showed in me. I’m enjoying it here and I’m happy. The city is amazing, the club is one of the best in the world and my teammates are all amazing.”
Kovacic: "I didn't know how good Hazard is"
Kovacic also discussed Eden Hazard, whose potential move to the Bernabéu next summer could be key to prolonging his career at Stamford Bridge: “He is incredible. I didn’t know he was so good until I came here, he could easily be one of the three best players in the world. Yes, he has asked me about Madrid and my time there, but at the moment we are concentrating on having a great season with Chelsea. He is very focused.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries