Gattuso oversees AC Milan's worst goal drought since 1984
AC Milan have not scored in Serie A since December 2 - the worst run without a league goal for the Rossoneri in 34 years.
Gennaro Gattuso's AC Milan future is seemingly in jeopardy and his cause has not been helped by overseeing the Rossoneri's worse Serie A goal drought in 34 years.
The Rossoneri were held to a 0-0 draw at Frosinone on Boxing Day, marking the fourth game in a row they have failed to score a league goal.
It is the first time Milan have endured such a run in Serie A since December 1984 and is sure to crank up the pressure on the under-fire Gattuso.
1984 - AC Milan have played 4 Serie A games in a row without scoring for the first time since December 1984. Dark. #FrosinoneMilan— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) December 26, 2018
Despite firing 25 efforts at the Frosinone goal, Marco Sportiello was mostly untested with only six of those shots finding the target.
Striker Gonzalo Higuaín, who joined from Juventus after the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid, has not scored since October.
Misfiring Milan's poor form leaves them fifth in Serie A, although that position could be worse by the time Wednesday's fixtures have been completed, having missed the chance to move into the Champions League qualification places.
Gattuso's side were also eliminated from the Europa League after finishing third behind Real Betis and Olympiacos in Group F this month.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it