Chelsea manager Sarri says "it's time to decide" on Eden Hazard
Eden Hazard's long-term Chelsea future is the subject of continued speculation and Maurizio Sarri said it is time to solve the problem.
Maurizio Sarri believes now is the time for Chelsea to decide on Eden Hazard's future at the club amid continued speculation.
Madrid in waiting for Hazard
Links with a move to Real Madrid for the Belgium international have persisted, with the winger recently refusing to be drawn on whether he would commit long term to Chelsea and extend a contract that expires at the end of next season.
Hazard said he was "just focused on the pitch" after scoring twice in Chelsea's 2-1 win over Watford on Wednesday, the 27-year-old having now scored four goals in his last four games.
Asked about whether Hazard will remain with the club in his pre-match media conference ahead of Chelsea's Premier League clash with Crystal Palace, Sarri said: "I don't know but it's time to decide.
"I am the coach. I am not the president, I am not in charge of the market, I am the coach. I want to speak to him only about the position on the pitch.
"I think we have to solve the problem."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?