Real Madrid sign Brahim Diaz from Manchester City
Man City's Brahim Diaz is one of the most sought-after youngsters on the market and could be unveiled by Madrid at the Bernabéu as early as Monday.
Brahim Diaz is just hours away from becoming Real Madrid’s latest signing.
Los Blancos and Manchester City have already reached an agreement for the transfer of one of Spanish football’s most promising talents. The two clubs are currently tying up some final loose ends and his signing could be made official this Friday evening.
Madrid will pay 15 million euros for the 19-year-old, who is expected sign a six-year contract at the Bernabéu, where, save any setbacks, he will be officially presented on Monday.
The deal will satisfy all involved parties
Diaz, whose contract at City was set to expire next summer, did not want to remain six months longer at a club he had already decided he wanted to leave. With just four games under his belt this season, he has not played a sizeable role for Pep Guardiola’s team and City will be content with receiving the aforementioned fee for a player from their lower ranks.
Madrid, meanwhile, will be glad to have landed one of most sought-after young players on the market, beating several other top clubs to his signature. In recent weeks, PSG had tried to convince the 19-year-old Spaniard of a move to Paris, but his number one preference always was to play for Madrid.
Brahim is expected to be incorporated straight into Madrid’s first team and will likely be given the number 21 shirt, which was worn last season by Borja Mayoral but is currently unoccupied.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...