Real Madrid: Isco misery goes on after Solari Real Sociedad snub
Isco is still to start a LaLiga game since Santiago Solari took over as Real Madrid coach, with Vinicius preferred against Real Sociedad.
Isco's struggles under Santiago Solari continued on Sunday after he was again left out of the Real Madrid team by the Argentine head coach, despite both Gareth Bale and Marco Asensio being unavailable through injury.
Vinicius preferred to Isco for Real Sociedad match
The 26-year-old has been restricted to a fringe role since Solari took over from Julen Lopetegui, but was strongly fancied to come into Los Blancos' XI for the LaLiga visit of Real Sociedad. However, Madrid's boss instead opted to hand Brazilian youngster Vinicius his first ever start in the Spanish top flight.
Isco is still to begin a league game under Solari, and in all competitions has only made two line-ups - both for matches of little significance: Madrid's Copa del Rey last-32 second leg against lowly Melilla and the surprise Champions League defeat to CSKA Moscow, which the holders went into having already won Group G.
On as sub as Real Sociedad end Bernabéu hoodoo
Isco was finally involved as a second-half substitute as goals by Willian José and Rubén Pardo handed La Real an unexpected 2-0 victory over Madrid - the Basques' first win at the Bernabéu since May 2004.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises