Valverde: "It's better if we can solve the Munir case in this transfer window"
The Barcelona striker has played his last game for the club it seems but says Arturo Vidal is an option up front given their lack of depth at the position.
Ernesto Valverde spoke to the press ahead of Barcelona's Copa del Rey game against Levante on Thursday night and spoke about Munir's situation at the club.
"I don't speak to agents or anything like that," he said after reports surfaced that Munir's contract renewal broke down when his agent requested a six-figure sum as part of the deal. "The conversations with the players are private. Munir had made his decision and the club too and if it can be solved in this market then even better. I don't have anything against Munir. He always trains well. The club has made a decision in this case."
"We will have to find solutions immediately," he continued regarding strikers. "We have players from the second team with Abel injured and Mujica. I've been thinking about it a lot. We have players who can score though and Arturo Vidal is an option."
On Denis Suárez' situation, Valverde says it is different to Munir. The striker has made his decision and will not play against but Suárez is still an option despite being linked with a move to Arsenal.
"They are different situations," he said. "He is with us. He travelled to Getafe and didn't play but he could come in at any moment."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan