Diego Lainez signs for Betis
The rising Mexican star was en route to Spain on Thursday night to join up with his new club.
Diego Lainez has signed for Spanish side Betis, where he'll have a contract to 2024. The 18 year old rising Mexican star didn't train with Club América on Thursday and didn't travel with the squad to Guadalajara for their game against Atlas in the Mexican League. The attacking midfielder is seen as the most promising young talent in Mexico right now and was a major target for Ajax.
According to this newspaper's sources, the move from Club América to Betis is for some 15 millions euros, with the Mexican side also retaining a percentage of the player's rights in order to share in any future sale of the player.
Betis host Real Madrid on Sunday, where Lainez could make his debut.
Confirmation from América
Club América confirmed the transfer of the player on their Twitter account, thanking him for his commitment to the club and wishing him well on his European adventure.
📝 Comunicado Oficial:— Club América (@ClubAmerica) January 10, 2019
Transferencia de Diego Lainez pic.twitter.com/VX3sjQD8WE
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest