Isco left out again despite seven absences
Santiago Solari has left Isco out of his starting eleven again despite Real Madrid being rocked by injuries and suspensions and Marcelo also left out.
Isco does not start for Real Madrid against Real Betis as his place at the club becomes increasingly unclear. The attacking midfielder looked certain to start but has to suffice for a place on the bench with Solari stating "all my players are important" on Saturday without directly answering the question of Isco's standing.
His absence from the starting eleven against Betis is an indirect response to that question though.
Real Madrid are without seven of their first team players and three attackers but Isco can still not get a start. Vinicius is also struggling with a flu and high fever but travelled to the Benito Villamarin and starts ahead of his teammate.
Once seen as a key piece of Real Madrid's attack, Isco's influence and presence has waned under Santiago Solari. He has started just two games under the Argentine. One of them was a meaningless Champions League game which they lost 3-0 and another came in the Copa del Rey second leg against Melilla.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues