Werner: Leipzig calm amid talk of Real Madrid move for striker
RB Leipzig appeared unfazed when asked by AS about Real Madrid's interest in Timo Werner, who is being tipped for a move to LaLiga.
Real Madrid are combing the market for a centre-forward and, as was revealed by AS yesterday, have spoken to Poland's Krzysztof Piatek, whose 13 goals in 19 Serie A games have seen him take Italy by storm since joining Genoa in the summer.
Werner also a possible January option for Real Madrid
Meanwhile, RB Leipzig's Timo Werner is also understood to be among the possible January targets being looked at by the European champions, who have been left with no fit senior strikers in the wake of Karim Benzema's hand injury in Sunday's LaLiga win at Real Betis.
When contacted by AS, however, Leipzig were unfazed by talk of the Germany international making a mid-season move to the Santiago Bernabéu. "At this moment in time, we don't have anything to say about that," the Bundesliga club told this newspaper when asked whether discussions have taken place with Los Blancos. "We hope Timo scores many more goals for us."
German has scored 13 in 21 for Leipzig in 2018/19
Werner, 22, has been attracting the interest of a host of major European clubs since hitting 21 goals for Leipzig in the 2016/17 season and repeating that haul the following year. So far in 2018/19, the forward has netted 13 times in 21 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze
- OLYMPIC GAMES Which Olympic boxer has won the most medals?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Megan Rapinoe could retire from USWNT after Olympic campaign