Napoli director to take action over "false" Rog move quotes
After it was reported Cristiano Giuntoli had confirmed Marko Rog's loan to Sevilla, Napoli have denied the claims.
Napoli have announced Cristiano Giuntoli will take legal action after "false" quotes claiming Marko Rog was set to join Sevilla were attributed to the director.
Giuntoli allegedly told ABC Rog on way to Sevilla
News outlets in Spain had reported that Rog would move to Sevilla on loan, with confirmation apparently forthcoming from Giuntoli in an alleged interview with ABC.
The sporting director was quoted as saying: "We've given the OK to loaning [Rog] out. We feel it can be a good option for Marko.
"The player told us he wanted to play at Sevilla, but we can't give him away. He can spend the next few months in Seville, but then he'll be back with us. We don't want to include an option to buy."
"All comments attributed to Giuntoli by ABC are false"
However, Napoli insist Giuntoli never took part in the supposed interview and the comments relating to 23-year-old Rog are "false".
"Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli never gave an interview to Spanish media outlet ABC," a statement read on Tuesday. "All comments attributed to Giuntoli by ABC are false.
"Giuntoli will be taking legal action against those responsible."
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game