Cesc: "Sometimes I feel more English than Spanish"
The central midfielder was presented as an AS Monaco player after already making his debut against Marseille after move from Chelsea.
Spanish midfielder, Cesc Fabregas said it was the right moment to switch the Premier League for Ligue 1 after 13 years in England. The 31-year-old admitted that "sometimes", he feels more English than Spanish.
📸 Conférence de presse de présentation des dernières recrues 🇮🇩 pic.twitter.com/Rh5vgkAtU0— AS Monaco 🇲🇨 (@AS_Monaco) 16 de enero de 2019
"I think it was a good moment to leave the Premier League after 501 games in England. It has been difficult after 13 years in which I have won lots of trophies, many fans and sometimes I feel more English than Spanish," he said at his presentation as a Monaco player on Wednesday.
Fabregas said he feel "like a youngster" after his move and arrives in France "with humility and the desire to work hard."
"I studied things and I think it was the best decision," he said after teaming up with Thierry Henry, who he played with during his spell at Arsenal.
"I spent a lot of time in England and it was good. Up until three months ago, I wasn't thinking about leaving Chelsea but some things happened and now I am here," he said.
The presence of Henry also had an influence. "I want to help Henry and the club, it's a great challenge. We started well with a point against Marseille and it's a good start to our progress. We are not in a great position but we have players with experience," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'