Morata, Higuaín, Piatek expected to be announced soon
Morata was left out again by Sarri as Chelsea were beaten by Arsenal and Higuaín was left out for AC Milan's game on Monday against Genoa.
The domino effect amongst European striker is about to start. Gonzalo Higuain and Alvaro Morata are ready to move away from their respective clubs as Atlético Madrid are keen to sign the Chelsea man. On Saturday, Maurizio Sarri left him out of his squad against Arsenal and on Sunday, the Argentine was left out of AC Milan's squad. Everything looks inevitable at this point: Higuaín will sign with Chelsea, and barring something falling apart, Piatek will move from Genoa to AC Milan.
Gattuso explained why he left Higuaín out of his squad as his move approaches: "It was one of the worst training sessions. I spoke with him in my office and it's better this way. I just want people mentally prepared to help." Unless something drastic happens, his exit is imminent and Gattuso, without confirming it, said as much. "I accept his decision. Surely he could have done more and maybe we could have helped him fit in better."
Milan will free up his salary, €9 million net per season and they have selected his replacement. Curiously, the game on Monday is against the team they will sign him from in the coming hours. Piatek from Genoa. The deal is believed to be worth between €40 and €50 million starting at first as a loan with an obligation to buy.
COPE say that Morata has already signed a deal with Atlético and it is just a matter of confirmation by the club. In order for Atlético to sign Morata, they will have to sell Nikola Kalinic and Gelson Martins. The Croatian and Portuguese players have been offered to several clubs and they have chosen Monaco and AC Milan respectively. The first deal is expected to be announced very soon, either Monday or Tuesday, and the other should follow suit.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher