Alarm bells at PSG as ankle injury forces distressed Neymar to be subbed
The Brazilian striker sustained the problem in the same ankle he had surgery on last season, leaving the pitch in the cup game vs. Strasbourg in the 62nd minute.
Neymar was forced to abandon the Parque des Princes pitch in distress this evening as PSG faced Strasbourg in the Coupe de France.
The player collided with an adversary just after the hour mark and appeared to twist his right ankle as he tried to ride the challenge. After being examined by the PSG medical team, the player was subbed by Moussa Diaby and Neymar limped form the pitch in visible distress. An ankle injury last year forced the striker to undergo an operation witch prompted a race against the clock for the former Barça player to be fit for the 2018 Russia World Cup
PSG medics will carry out further investigation and tests tomorrow and fans of the Ligue 1 side will hope that the injury is less serious than that of 2018.
PSG won the tie 2-0 with and Cavani and Di Maria bagging the goals for the Parisian side.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash